RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Safeway $1,000,000 Touchdown to Win will commence June 27, 2013 and operate throughout the 2013 Canadian Football League (hereafter “CFL”) season, concluding November 24, 2013 in B.C., Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Northern Ontario.
2. Customers will automatically receive a Safeway $1,000,000 Touchdown to Win entry every time they shop at Safeway providing they use their free Safeway Club Card. Entries are valid for a period of two (2) months, after which time the database may be cleared. Customers can enter as often as they wish. Customers will receive a bonus entry for each Safeway $1,000,000 Touchdown to Win Participating Product purchased. Collection of entries will begin two (2) weeks prior to contest.
3. No Purchase is required. Anyone fulfilling the conditions of article 7 can also enter by sending his or her name, address, telephone number and Safeway Club Card number, with a label (or hand drawn facsimile) of any Safeway $1,000,000 Touchdown to Win Participating Product to:
Safeway $1,000,000 Touchdown to Win Contest
To obtain a free Safeway Club Card visit customer service at any Safeway location. Limit one (1) entry per envelope.
4. Should any two (2) kickoffs be returned for touchdowns in the same CFL regular season or playoff game (including the Grey Cup game), one (1) contestant, through a random draw of entries received, will qualify to win $1,000,000, payable as follows:
Please note special conditions of the $1,000,000 prize:
The $1,000,000 prize will be awarded if any two (2) kickoffs are returned for touchdowns in the same CFL game, as recorded by the official game scorer, and then confirmed by the CFL. The CFL is the final judge in determining whether two (2) kickoffs were returned for touchdowns in the same game.
5. In addition to the possibility of awarding the $1,000,000 prize in accordance with article 4, other prizes will be awarded as follows:
All approximate values outlined in these rules represent the approximate value of each prize on May 15, 2013 and are subject to fluctuation. © 2013 Entertainment One Films Canada Inc. All Rights Reserved. Distributed exclusively in Canada by Entertainment One. *May not be exactly as depicted on store signage and TV commercials. Universal Music CD Titles are subject to change. ® LAGOSTINA is a registered trademark of Lagostina S.p.A. used under license by Coranco Corporation Limited. Odds of winning any of the above prizes depend upon the number of entries/swipes received and the number of touchdowns scored during CFL games televised on TSN;
Visions Electronics Prize includes:
The Trip Prize consists of a Redtag.ca seven (7) night trip for two (2) persons to Mexico. The Trip Prize includes: round trip airfare for two (2) persons departing from the international airport closest to the winner’s residence in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon or Winnipeg to Mexico (stop-over may be required) and one-room accommodation for seven (7) nights. Trips cannot be booked until six (6) weeks prior to departure date and are on a space availability basis only. Standard blackout periods apply, including Christmas, New Years, March Break, Spring Break, and holiday weekends in Canada and the US. Meals and beverages, travel taxes, insurance, travel related fees, transportation to and from the airport in Canada and Mexico, and personal items are not included and are the prize winner’s sole responsibility. The value of the Trip Prize represents the approximate value of the prize on May 15, 2013 and is subject to fluctuation. Winner and traveling companion must have valid passports to travel to Mexico and must travel on the same itinerary. Prize is non-transferable and no cash or other substitution is allowed. The Trip Prize must be booked and trip must be taken prior to November 24, 2014. The Trip Prize does NOT include connector flights or overnight accommodation if winner resides outside of the airport area. The winner and traveling companion must sign a full release form to obtain the prize. If a travel companion is under the age of majority his/her legal guardian must also sign a form of consent and release.
6. Potential winners will be judged and prizes awarded based on correctly answering, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question and signing a liability/publicity release. Potential winners that do not meet these conditions will not be eligible to receive a prize. Every eligible winner will receive his/her award within eight (8) weeks after verification. If the $1,000,000 prize is awarded, the winner will be paid in accordance with the terms in article 4.
7. Only Canadian residents (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), over the age of majority according to the laws of the Province in which they reside, are eligible to win. Employees of Canada Safeway Limited, Promotivate, TSN, the CFL, their agents and/or members of their immediate families residing in the same household are ineligible.
8. No correspondence will be entered into except with potential winners. Promotivate is the sole judge and its decision about any aspect of this contest shall be final and binding. Canada Safeway Limited and Promotivate reserve the right to use winners’ names and/or photographs in any advertising or publicity, with no compensation to the winners. Potential winner names may be televised on TSN.
9. Promotivate, at its option, may substitute any prize for equal or greater value for the duration of the Safeway $1,000,000 Touchdown to Win promotion.
10. Canada Safeway Limited and Promotivate shall not be responsible for any electronic network, computer problem or any other technical error of any kind. None of Canada Safeway Limited, Participating Sponsors, Promotivate, nor any of their respective affiliates, agents, officers, directors and employees shall be responsible in any way for the use of or bear any liability whatsoever in any way attributable to the prizes awarded in this contest. Not responsible for lost or misdirected entries, computer/database failures or errors of any kind.
11. Canada Safeway Limited, Participating Sponsors and Promotivate will not be responsible for any adjustments in scheduling of CFL football, TSN telecasts or any event which may affect store operations or the CFL season, and thereby force the contest to cease operations either temporarily or permanently. Promotivate reserves the right to modify or terminate Safeway $1,000,000 Touchdown to Win at any time without prior notification.
12. Entry into this contest constitutes acceptance of these contest rules.