RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Safeway $1,000,000 Touchdown to Win will commence June 26, 2014 and operate throughout the 2014 Canadian Football League (hereafter “CFL”) season on TSN concluding November 30, 2014 in B.C., Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Northern Ontario.
2. Customers will automatically receive a Safeway $1,000,000 Touchdown to Win entry every time they shop at Safeway providing they use their free AIR MILES® Collector Card. Entries are valid for a period of two (2) months, after which time the database may be cleared. Customers will receive a bonus entry for each Safeway $1,000,000 Touchdown to Win Participating Product purchased. Collection of entries will begin two (2) weeks prior to contest.
3. No Purchase is required. Anyone fulfilling the conditions of article 7 can also enter by sending his or her name, address, telephone number and AIR MILES® Collector Card number, with a label (or hand drawn facsimile) of any Safeway $1,000,000 Touchdown to Win Participating Product to:
Safeway $1,000,000 Touchdown to Win Contest
To obtain a free AIR MILES® Collector Card visit www.airmiles.ca. Limit one (1) entry per envelope.
4. Should any two (2) kickoffs be returned for touchdowns in the same CFL regular season or playoff game telecast on TSN (including the Grey Cup game), one (1) contestant, through a random draw of entries received, will qualify to win $1,000,000, payable as follows:
The $1,000,000 prize will be awarded in twenty (20) equal installments of $50,000 payable annually. The payout is governed by Canada Revenue Agency rules for Annuity contracts. Payment of any and all taxes, or other charges associated with the $1,000,000 prize, is the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Please note special conditions of the $1,000,000 prize:
The $1,000,000 prize will be awarded if any two (2) kickoffs are returned for touchdowns in the same CFL game televised on TSN, as recorded by the official game scorer, and then confirmed by the league. The league official scorer is the final judge in determining whether two (2) kickoffs were returned for touchdowns in the same game.
Entry is drawn prior to each TSN telecast of a CFL regular season and playoff game. There can be only one (1) $1,000,000 winner per game even if four (4) kickoffs are returned for touchdowns in any one (1) game. (This feature will continue for a maximum of one (1) game where two (2) kickoffs are returned for touchdowns in the same game, after which it may be discontinued. Maximum payment will be $1,000,000 payable to one (1) winner in the manner outlined above). (Please note that the entry drawn for the $1,000,000 prize is the same entry that will qualify to win a prize for the first kickoff returned for a touchdown during CFL games televised on TSN, pursuant to article 5B of these rules.)
If two (2) kickoffs are returned for touchdowns in the same game, Promotivate LP (“Promotivate”) will make all reasonable efforts to contact the person whose name was drawn. If Promotivate, acting reasonably, cannot contact the selected entrant within ten (10) business days of the date of the relevant game, another name will be drawn; Promotivate will then make reasonable efforts to contact that person within ten (10) further business days, failing which another name will be drawn, and so on, until a selected entrant is contacted.
5. In addition to the possibility of awarding the $1,000,000 prize in accordance with article 4, other prizes will be awarded as follows:
A) One (1) of the following prizes will be awarded every time a touchdown is scored during a CFL game televised on TSN:
PRIZE APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE
LAGOSTINA 13 Piece Cookware Set $800.00
B) One (1) Visions Electronics Ultimate $25,000 Home Theatre Package (approximate retail value $28,368.00) (“Visions Electronics Prize”) will be awarded for the first kickoff returned for a touchdown during any CFL game televised on TSN (maximum four (4) Visions Electronics Prizes will be awarded throughout the season, after which time this component may be discontinued). Odds of winning a Visions Electronics Prize through this method depend upon the number of entries/swipes received and the number of kickoffs returned for touchdowns during CFL games televised on TSN. In the event that no kickoffs are returned for touchdowns during the aforementioned games, no Visions Electronics Prize will be awarded pursuant to this paragraph. The league official scorer is the final judge in determining whether a kickoff has been returned for a touchdown.
Visions Electronics Prize includes:
ITEM APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE QUANTITY
SAMSUNG 78" 3D Smart TV $10,998.00 1
C) A total of twenty (20) Trips for 2 to Mexico (“Trip Prize”), courtesy of Redtag.ca (approximate retail value $4,300.00) will be awarded throughout the CFL season on selected TSN telecasts, and one (1) Visions Electronics Prize will be awarded during the Grey Cup game telecast on TSN during a Safeway $1,000,000 Touchdown to Wincommercial. One (1) entry is randomly drawn prior to selected TSN telecasts.
Odds of winning a prize pursuant to this paragraph depend upon the number of entries/swipes received. Potential winners will be selected from entries randomly drawn prior to CFL game telecasts on TSN. Prizes must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions (cash or otherwise). Maximum one (1) prize per household.
The Trip Prize consists of a Redtag.ca seven (7) night trip for two (2) persons to Mexico. The Trip Prize includes: round trip airfare for two (2) persons departing from the international airport closest to the winner’s residence in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon or Winnipeg to Mexico (stop-over may be required) and one-room accommodation for seven (7) nights. Trips cannot be booked until eight (8) weeks prior to departure date and are on a space availability basis only. Standard blackout periods apply, including Christmas, New Years, March Break, Spring Break, and holiday weekends in Canada and the US. Meals and beverages, travel taxes, insurance, travel related fees, transportation to and from the airport in Canada and Mexico, and personal items are not included and are the prize winner’s sole responsibility. The value of the Trip Prize represents the approximate value of the prize on May 15, 2014 and is subject to fluctuation. Winner and traveling companion must have valid passports to travel to Mexico and must travel on the same itinerary. Prize is non-transferable and no cash or other substitution is allowed. The Trip Prize must be booked and trip must be taken prior to November 30, 2015. The Trip Prize does NOT include connector flights or overnight accommodation if winner resides outside of the airport area. The winner and traveling companion must sign a full release form to obtain the prize. If a travel companion is under the age of majority his/her legal guardian must also sign a form of consent and release.
7. Only Canadian residents (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), over the age of majority according to the laws of the Province in which they reside, are eligible to win. Employees of Sobeys West Inc., Promotivate, TSN, LoyaltyOne, the CFL and Teams, their agents and/or members of their immediate families residing in the same household are ineligible.
8. No correspondence will be entered into except with potential winners. Promotivate is the sole judge and its decision about any aspect of this contest shall be final and binding. Sobeys West Inc. and Promotivate reserve the right to use winners’ names and/or photographs in any advertising or publicity, with no compensation to the winners. Potential winner names may be televised on TSN or displayed online.
9. Promotivate, at its option, may substitute any prize for equal or greater value for the duration of the Safeway $1,000,000 Touchdown to Win promotion.
10. Sobeys West Inc. and Promotivate shall not be responsible for any electronic network, computer problem or any other technical error of any kind. None of Sobeys West Inc., Participating Sponsors, Promotivate, nor any of their respective affiliates, agents, officers, directors and employees shall be responsible in any way for the use of or bear any liability whatsoever in any way attributable to the prizes awarded in this contest. Not responsible for lost or misdirected entries, computer/database failures or errors of any kind.
11. Sobeys West Inc., Participating Sponsors and Promotivate will not be responsible for any adjustments in scheduling of CFL football, TSN telecasts or any event which may affect store operations or the CFL season, and thereby force the contest to cease operations either temporarily or permanently. Promotivate reserves the right to modify or terminate Safeway $1,000,000 Touchdown to Win at any time without prior notification.
12. Entry into this contest constitutes acceptance of these contest rules.
®™ Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. Used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Sobeys West Inc.